AS3 Lower Pine Bottom 41.31504, -77.38434
From intersection of Little Pine Creek Road and Rt 44 in Waterville, drive 1.0 miles north on Rt 44. Turn left at Lower Pine Bottom Road and up paved driveway.
AS7 Hyner Run 41.36088, -77.62624
From intersection of Little Pine Creek Road and Rt 44 in Waterville, go north 1.7 miles, and turn left on Rt 44. Take Rt 44 north to Haneyville (intersection of Rt 664). Turn right and go 5.1 miles. Turn left onto Hyner Mountain Road. Go 4.9 miles and turn right into Hyner Run State Park. AS7 is in 0.3 miles at swimming pool parking.
AS10 Tomb Flats 41.45892626979167, -77.51007943210746
From intersection of Little Pine Creek Road and Rt 44 in Waterville, go north 1.7 miles, turn right on Rt 414 and go 13.0 miles and turn left to Tomb Flat Campground.
AS12 Blackwell 41.556350, -77.382007
From AS12 Tomb Flats, left left or north 12 miles on Rt 414 for 6.6 miles to the village of Blackwell. AS13 on left in DCNR recreation parking lot.
From Little Pine State Park, take Little Pine Creek Road north 7.9 miles (across historic suspension bridge) to Route 287. Turn left on Rt 287. Go 11.2 miles and turn left onto Rt 414. Go 4.3 miles to the village of Blackwell. AS13 on right in DCNR parking lot.
AS14 Barrens 41.46148, -77.4153
From AS14 Blackwell, drive north on Route 414 for 5.2 miles to the intersection of Rt 414 and Rt 287 in Morris, go south on Rt 287 for 11.2 miles. Turn right onto Little Pine Creek Road. Go 0.5 miles (do not cross bridge) and keep right on English Run Road. Go 1.7 miles and bear left onto Silver Springs Road. Go 1.6 miles and bear right on Silver Springs Road. Go 3.9 miles and keep left on Silver Springs Road. Go 2.5 miles and turn right onto Barrens Road. AS16 in 0.5 miles, yellow gate and parking on right.
From Little Pine State Park, go south 1.0 miles to Happy Acres Campground sign, turn right on Boone Road. Follow Boone Road 2.2 miles to T. Turn right on Okome Road. Go 4.6 miles and turn left on Old Post Office Road. Go 0.3 miles and turn right on Silver Springs Road. Go 3.4 miles and turn left on Barrens Road. AS16 in 0.5 miles, yellow gate and parking on right.
CREW RULES – A crew can be an important part of your race effort, and they are welcome for runners, according to the following rules:
- Crew support only at designated aid stations – Your crew can help you in pretty much any way, but ONLY while you are checked in at one of the five crew-accessible aid stations. Crews are ONLY PERMITTED at the Start/Finish Line, AS3 Little Pine Bottom, AS7 Hyner Run, AS10 Tomb Flat, AS12 Blackwell, and AS14 Barrens.
- One crew vehicle per runner – Parking is limited at many of the remote aid stations, and some of the access roads are narrow and dusty. It will be nicer – and safer – for everyone if there are fewer vehicles moving about. Each runner will be issued one and only one crew vehicle pass that must be displayed.
- Aid Station flow – Aid stations can be busy places, and it’s important that runners have a clear route in and out, with easy and quick access to the station. Please find an out-of-the-way place (but within 50 yards of the station) for your crew activities so you don’t add to the congestion, and please obey the instructions of the Aid Station Captain – the station is their space and their responsibility.
- Do Not Disturb the Communications Team – The Communications Team is there to ensure the safety and whereabouts of each runner. They are not there for you to answer if your runner has checked in at an aid station. There will be an assigned volunteer at each crewed aid station that can answer any questions you may have if time and circumstances permit it.
- Crews may volunteer – We’re really one big trail family when it comes down to it. Crews are free to help other runners if they want to, or to help out the aid station crew (if it’s alright with the aid station captain.)