Frequently Asked Questions
- I’d like to participate in Eastern States, what should I do first? - As a minimum, all participants in the Eastern States 100 must have completed at least one 50 mile trail race within 16 hours, OR any trail race beyond 50 miles within the advertised cut-off time, and the race must have been completed within the past two years of the opening registration date. This must have been an official race with at least 10 participants and results published on a publicly available website. Timed races can not be used as a qualifying race. You must have completed a qualifying race before registering.
- The race is full, do you maintain a wait list? - Yes, we maintain an ordered wait list through Runsignup and is posted on the Wait List page on our website. As runners withdraw from the race, people on the wait list will be given an opportunity to register for the race based on the order they are listed. Selected participants will be notified via email once you have been selected.
- Where can I find the wait list? -The wait list is posted on the Wait List page on our website.
- What are my odds of getting selected from the wait list? - The odds depend primarily on the amount of turnover from the registered runners list. Since we don’t have any control over this, your guess is as good as ours. If over time we can collect enough data to give a reasonable prediction, we will update this question at that time.
- When will my credit card be charged? - The entry fee will be charged to your credit card immediately upon registration. If you are registering on the wait list, your credit card information will be collected at the time of registration as a pre-order (card not charged), and will be charged only if you are selected from the wait list and accept the invitation to become a registered runner.
- What is your refund policy? - Once you register, your credit card will be processed immediately. Participants have a week before race day to receive a 50% refund of the entry fee (minus any fees). The waiting list will remain open until a week before race day and then after that, the rosters will be closed and no changes or refunds will be made at that point. Refunds will be issued through Runsignup through your Runsignup profile. We do not offer deferrals or bib transfers.
- If I am a registered runner but cannot participate due to an injury or illness can I defer my entry to the following year? - No. We do not allow deferrals, rollovers, or bib transfers, but depending on when you withdraw you might be eligible for a partial refund of your entry fee.
- Is there a lost and found after the event? - All items found at the aid stations will be transferred to the Finish Line area. If we have unclaimed items, including drop bags, we will make every attempt to get the items back to the owners but we won’t guarantee that we can do so. Please do not leave valuables in your drop bags.
- How can I volunteer to help out during the annual event? - The race is always in need of aid station personnel, trail sweeps, and start and finish line helpers. If you’d like to volunteer, please use the volunteer tab to fill out our volunteer form!